Construction began in 1822 by a foreign man and was then purchased in 1844 by Captain William Montgomery who completed the mansion. The molding and finishing materials were shipped over from England as well as English artisans to complete the elaborately done double parlor and dining room. Another notable feature is the 24-foot spiral staircase made completely out of maghogany and spirals up to the third floor. Visit this outstanding mansion on Tuesdays for tours. Photo courtesy of Prattville Chamber of Commerce.