The Brandenburg Gate is a former city gate and one of the main symbols of Berlin. It is located only 5 minutes away from the hotel between the Pariser Platz and the Platz des 17. Juni and is the only remaining gate of a series through which one formerly entered Berlin. It was commissioned by Friedrich Wilhelm II as a sign of peace and built by Carl Gotthard Langhans from 1788 to 1791. © visitBerlin / Scholvien.