Historic Third National Bank
In 1927, Frank Farris and his brothers invested in the stock of a new Nashville bank, The Third National, representing major growth in banking and commercial building. The bank boomed through 1929 and weathered through the Great Depression era, staying in business throughout. In 1936, Third National Bank built a twelve-story addition to the original building and renovated to a more modern facade. The additional building was among the first air-conditioned buildings in Nashville.